Appropriate installation in the first place is largely responsible for efficient working of an automatic washing machine. Before we really talk about the installation part, let’s know a bit about delivery and handling procedure. One just can’t overlook how important delivery of any appliance is to gain customer satisfaction. If you are in a store and want to buy best washing machines then you can lookout some top 10 washing machines in India here.
All the efforts of the manufacturer as regards quality control, design and manufacturing are worthless if the machine doesn’t reach the customer in a safe and sound condition without getting even the slightest of scratch. Unless appropriate measures are taken in its packing and its manual or machine handling at various stages of transit, the product remains vulnerable to damages on the way.You can also buy best front loading washing machines here.
When shifting the equipment into or out of the shipping carton, care should be taken to use safe and dependable material with adequate cushioning. It should be safely strapped to the dolly to avoid its falling down. Generally, you need two workers for removing the equipment from the delivery van.
The process of removing the appliance from the tailgate of the truck should not cause it to bounce or get dropped. The appliance should gently be lowered to the ground, avoiding any jerks. As far as possible, the equipment should remain in its shipping carton till it reaches the point of installation. It helps preventing any likely damage and offers peace of mind to the customer.
Use a carton safety knife for cutting around the base to open the shipping carton. Care needs to be taken not to make too peep a cut to avoid having scratches on the finished surface of the appliance. This can easily be taken care of by using a carton safety knife with a small blade. Once the carton base has been cut around from all sides, remove the carton from the washer. The machine is ready for installation after you have removed the packing strips and the carton corner posts.
Avoid installing a washing machine at any position that is likely to reach level of freezing temperature, as it could possibly harm the water-carrying components. If it’s not possible to avoid such a position, or if the machine is shifted in freezing weather make sure that it’s thoroughly drained.
Manufacturer’s instructions and dimensions given in the accompanying installation manual should be kept in mind while installing the washer in an already available cabinet or while flushing it against the wall. If it’s to be installed in a cabinet, the plumbing connections may remain under the floor or in cabinets close to the washer so that the approach is convenient. It is not desirable to provide concealed plumbing in cases where approaching the water faucets becomes difficult.
For its operation, the washer requires a solid floor of reasonable strength. If the floor is not strong enough, it becomes necessary to provide reinforcement or bracing to the floor before installation. Usually, fixing of a plywood sheet of ¾ inch thickness with screws suffices the purpose. Make sure that the sheet is big enough to rest on at least one floor joist on each side of the washer. In rare cases, it becomes necessary to support the floor from the base with a jack. Any such arrangement should carry one joist at either side of the machine.
You Don’t Have To Deal With Noise
The present day models of washing machines come with state of the art features and usually offer near noiseless operation.
However, irrespective of its make and technical features, in due course of time any washer is going to generate some level of noise during its operation. In case of washing machines that have a belt driven motor, the phenomenon is more pronounced.
Here are some ways to help you reduce the level of noise produced by your washer.
1. Usually, machines come with an auto-balance feature. If your machine lacks that feature, you need to check the balance of load manually. Load the machine evenly with your clothes in the washing drum. Crumpled garments can cause uneven loading of your machine and should be avoided as far as possible. It’s not unusual for a machine with an imbalanced load to start jerking and tossing around.
2. Check your flooring. Care should be taken to ensure that the washer is installed on an even floor. It’s recommended to use a platform for your washing that is not going to be installed on the ground floor. The platform helps the machine to remain at an even level and that reduces its noise due vibrations.
3. Check the bearings of the washer. Switch off your machine and take out the back panel. In some of the models you have to take out the water hose at the rear of the machine. Keep an empty bucket handy to collect the excess of water that may come out of the hose.
Having thus pulled out the panel at the rear, check the bearing of the motor. If you notice any rust of grime, it will be good to replace that. Make sure to get the new one in the right size from an appliance store.
4. Now, check the belt of the electric motor. If it looks worn out with its threads coming out, it’s time to replace it. Remove the screws that hold the motor in its position. Slightly raise the motor and take out the belt and fix a new one. Refit the motor to its original position. Check the tension of the new belt that you just installed. An easy way to check the tension is to try pressing it down with your hand, it should slightly bend down. It shouldn’t remain too tight.
5. Make sure that you remove all the coins or any metals from the pockets of clothes to be washed, as coins could clog the drain, apart from making unpleasant noise within the machine. Likewise, you should take care to remove any lose buttons or fix the same before putting the clothes in the washing drum.
Best Washing Machines :
Amana NAH6800AWW Front Loader is the first on this list. Though its spin speed is lower than that of Miele, it cleans equally well. Its other positive feature is its low consumption of power. It also offers different wash settings including a time indicator, quick wash cycle and self-cleaning lint, making your investment worthwhile.
And finally we come to the WPGT9360EPL Top Load Washer from GE. Of its many features, the most noteworthy is its very high spin speed and going by the reports from consumers you can complete a load of laundry is less than fifty minutes. That’s a great time saving feature. Though primarily it has a top loading design, it operates more as a front-loading machine.
Now that you are aware of the features of the four best-designed machines, go ahead to choose the one that best suits your budget and requirements.